The Matchbox Maserati MC12, a must have casting for diecast collectors interested in hypercars - I managed to get my hands on one by Matchbox and it was truly worth it!

        Maserati was a company in its own right that manufactured racers in the distant past like Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage that raced other famous racers like the Jaguar D-type in its heyday. In the mid 2000s, Maserati was under the Ferrari licence and Ferrari had made the Ferrari F60 (Enzo) and later the Ferrari Fxx. However, Ferrari realised that Maserati needed its own car, hence they reused the same engine as in the Enzo and gave the new Maserati a new chassis and body around the same engine that powered the Enzo. In practice though, they detuned the Maserati's engine slightly so that it would not be on par with the Enzo in performance. Even so, in BBC's Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson commented that the detuning did nothing to reduce its performance. Indeed, the MC12 looks absolutely beautiful as a car in its own right when placed alongside the Ferrari Enzo and Ferrari Fxx. 
   
    Recently, I got a Matchbox version of the MC12 and I decided to take some diecast pics with my phone. I must admit that I am quite pleased with the results of my pictures from all angles. I also noticed the similarities in appearance between all 3 cars. I am happy to have added the MC12 to my diecast collection and it was a long awaited model which I wished to get. Nevertheless, I only managed to get my hands on the Matchbox model instead of the Hotwheels model. Even so, I think that the metallic blue finish on the car's paint is something that makes it quite beautiful. Here are the results of the pictures I took on my latest diorama, I hope that you like it - 


                From the side view, we see a striking similarity in the shape of the windows in all 3 cars.



                Rear view of the Maserati MC12 (rightmost), Fxx (middle), Enzo (leftmost). The scoop on the roof of the MC12 to cool the engine behind the driver's seat is visible here.

     

            View of all 3 cars parked alongside each other in a diagonal parking lot. The MC12 is the farthest here. 


                   Frontside of the MC12 compared to its Ferrari counterparts. All 3 look spectacular.



         Parked alongside each other diagonally, we have all 3 cars here from the MC12 to the Enzo.



               Maserati MC12 finally added to my diecast collection, it looks awesome and cool!

   

          I thought of renaming this pic "cool entry" and it is a befitting title for a lovely diecast pic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Jewish and Anti-Israel hatred in Islam: proof that Israel's rebirth as a nation in 1948 is not what caused the start of Muslim persecution of Jews in the world and in Israel but Islamic Jew-hatred is older...

From riches to rags: the lavish but sombre life and heart-rending end of the 1st son of the man who made the whole of Europe tremble and quake

If you are a Christian and Muslims tell you that Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same God- here is what you need to know about Islam.